Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall Tickets
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall Seating Chart and Event Tickets
Get Email Updates on
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
The Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall is a historic theater building that is home to the Oregon Symphony, White Bird Dance Company and Portland Arts & Lectures. Built in 1928, “The Schnitz,” as some locals call it, is the last surviving historic theater building on Portland’s Broadway, which was once lined with theater houses. The Schnitz was originally called the Paramount Theatre, because the owners had a contract to show Paramount films. After being sold to new owners, the theater showed its last film in 1972 and became a concert venue. The theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, and underwent a $10 million renovation before it reopened in 1984.
The Schnitz now hosts classical, folk, gospel, jazz, pop and rock music, conferences, dance, theater, travel films and weddings. It seats 2,776 people, which includes lower orchestra and upper balcony seating, and has a 94 x 32-foot stage. The building was designed by the Chicago-based Rapp and Rapp architectural firm, and is in the Italian Renaissance style. A 65-foot “Portland” sign sits atop the Broadway Marquee.